What is WiBro Technology ?
WiBro (Wireless Broadband) is a wireless broadband Internet technology developed by the South Korean telecoms industry. WiBro is the South Korean service name for IEEE802.16e(mobile WiMAX) international standard. By the end of 2012, the Korean Communications Commission intends to increase WiBro broadband connection speeds to 10Mbit/s, around ten times the current speed, which will complement their 1Gbit/sec fiber-optic network.
WiBro base stations offer an aggregate data throughput of 30 to 50 Mbit/s per carrier and cover a radius of 1–5 km allowing for the use of portable internet usage. In detail, it provides mobility for moving devices up to 120 km/h (74.5 mi/h) compared to Wireless LAN having mobility up to walking speed and mobile phone technologies having mobility up to 250 km/h.
Data speeds of WiBro
- Peak Download128 Mbit/s
- Peak Upload56 Mbit/s
WiBro on the Evolution Paths to 4G
Coverage of Wireless Broadband Internet Technology:–>>
As of February 2012, KT covers about 85% of the South Korean population. SK covers Seoul and a few other major cities in South Korea. User-created coverage information maps can be found on Coverage .
- HTC – HTC Evo 4G+
- INFOMARK – Compact Egg (Mobile router)
- Interbro – Egg (A mobile Wibro to Wi-Fi hotspot device brand)
- Intel – Wibro Netbook
- LG Innotek – Egg, USB Type Modem
- Modacom – Egg
- Myungmin – USB Type Modem
- Samsung – USB Type Modem, Wibro 3G phone (SCH-M830, Show Wibro Omnia)
WiBro System Development Strategy
- Time-to-market Development of Standardized System
Proof of Concept development through HPi project
- Capacity Enhancement Technology Adoption
MIMO / AAS / Space time coding adoption .
Increase the throughput of slowly moving users using UL/DL reciprocal channel characteristics of TDD system
Key technology development and TTA phase 2/IEEE802.16e
- Alternative Low Price Solution Development for Enterprise or Household Users
Standardize the configuration applying low power amplifier or
looser RF spec to reduce network deployment cost
Tikona Wibro Broadband Tariff Plans:–>>
- Data transfer 256kbps 400 MB Plan – Rs 250 per month.
- Data transfer 256kbps 1 GB Plan – Rs 505 per month.
- Data transfer 256kbps 400 MB day + Night Unlimited – Rs 400 per month.
- Unlimited 256 kbps Plan – Rs 999 per month.
- Unlimited 256 kbps day & 512 kbps Night – Rs 1156 per month.
- Night Unlimited 512 kbps – Rs 512 per month. Access only from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am.
Advantage of WiBro
- Wireless Internet provides super fast broadband speed, approaching 2 megabytes per second or faster.
- Wireless Internet is more affordable and more reliable than satellite broadband, since satellite signals typically have to travel tens of thousands of miles.
- Wireless Internet is also incredibly responsive, when you call up web pages, download emails, and engage in teleconferencing or video conferencing over the net, your wireless Internet system will yield ultra fast transmission.
- radio frequencies, and traffic congestion can all impede wireless Internet flow.
- wireless Internet is a wonderful way to optimize your surfing time.
Disadvantage of WiBro
wireless traffic, hacking into your connection.